St. Bernard Catholic School, Green Bay, WI
Principal, Crystal R. Blahnik (July 2014 – present)
Welcome to St. Bernard Catholic School.
We have been blessed by a recent increase in our school enrollment. While SBS has seen as many as 500 students in the past in any given school year, the school has gone through a multi-year decline with 407 students in 2015-2016. From there the school has increased incrementally with this last year seeing a bump from 417 to 463 students. We began the 2018-2019 School Year with 482 students and three grades are at capacity. This increase says a lot about our school community, the staff, the parents and the reputation of our school! Thank you to all of our current families for their continued faith and support. As we are fond of saying at all of our gatherings, “St. Bernard, Pray for us!”.
So that you might gain some insight into our school community, please take a look at some of our most recent initiatives.
- St. Bernard School is very proud of its student services program. The following services are offered to students in our care:
- Math Intervention & Enrichment
- Reading Intervention & Enrichment
- Title I Reading & Writing Services
- Speech and Language Services
- SMART SPACES & WCATY Programming
- Limited itenerant services for Special Education
- Guidance Counselor: Social & Emotional Support and Programming
- Title III ESL funding and support
- Safety Measures that have been taken in 2018:
- Reflective and shatter-resistent window film on strategic windows
- Updated badge-entry, locking mechanisms on all doors
- Security cameras in and out of the school building
- Video phone with very outter doors locked at all times
- Facility Upgrades Courtesy of our Site Advisory Council Fundraising Efforts
- Flexible, comfy seating in main hallway
- Bar-height tables for indepent or small group meetings in main entrance
- Conference Room Remodel with Video Conferencing and Flexible Seating
- Teacher Lounge Remodel with New lunch Tables
- Flexible Seating Initiatives:
- Project Lead the Way or PLTW inspires students to be designers and innovators. Students become involved in hands on activities in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science. Students in K – 5th grades now participate in this innovative science curriculum. Project Lead the Way: Launch.
- GRACE has expanded the Chromebook initiative to include fourth and fifth graders.
- GRACE has initiated a tablet program for grades k, one and two with the implementation of Lenovo TAB3 8 tablets at a 2:1 ratio.
- Our VEX program is in its third year as a club for 6th grade students and we continue to be heavily invested in Destination Imagination as well.
- The faith formation of our students is always first and foremost. Last year we focused on the Corporal Works of Mercy. This year we will be learning about the Spiritual Works of Mercy. We have a goal to make real world connections for our students that enable them to put their faith into action. Check us out putting our faith into action! Click Here for Video!
- Sharing the Good News!
- Finally, our Recruitment/Retention and Marketing Committee has been working hard for the last three years to share the good news of our school community. Take a look at some of our great marketing videos.
Here at St. Bernard Catholic School, we believe in an innovative, faith-based education with equal access to student services. This approach enables us to provide an academically sound, compelling and faith-filled environment for all of our students. With St. Bernard of Clarivaux as our guide, we stand together in this motto: PEACE, PRAY, LEARN.
Sincerely in Christ,
Mrs. Crystal R. Blahnik,
Principal, St. Bernard Catholic School